Thursday, January 14, 2010

Still Planning

Well, I officially let my peeps know that my last day at Kor would be 29-Jan. I definitely feel bittersweet about it. We have a small and tight crew left from the days of Kor's massive office. As one of them commented, it's like the body is losing its head...but I know that they will do well here and they will land on their feet. Everything happens for a reason, right?

I'm starting to do some intel gathering on Brasil. I fly into Rio but I want to celebrate Carnaval in a bit more cultural way so I'm thinking of flying into Olinda to celebrate and then make my way down the coast line towards Rio/Sao Paolo. If anyone has any connections or recommendations, I'm all ears.

I also didn't realize what a pain in the ass getting a Brasil visa is...however, I just applied as a Mexican and sent off my passport (Mexico processing time is 2x as fast and 1/2 as cheap...apparently the Brazilians treat US citizens with "reciprocity" -- meaning they hose you over because the US customs/immigration is such a pain in their ass). So hopefully I'll have a visa by next week and can be more sure that I'm actually going.

Kinda scared and excited about everything and having a future that's so up in the air. To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment