Thursday, February 4, 2010

A little trip pre-trip

Well, turns out I made it back safely to San Antonio just in time for my big sister's bday. I did not anticipate 30 degree weather and rain ALL week though. I actually signed up for motorcycle classes so I could get my license and then RIDE with my big bro. But I had to suffer through the weather for a day and a half (the instructor felt pity and let us out early the second day so I went straight to DPS and passed my test!)...although I'm now a certified motorcycle man!

And riding through the cold and rain took a bit of a toll on my health as I am now suffering some mild body fevers. I think my body is just asking me "what are you doing to me?" after getting used to 90 degrees and sunny weather for 3 years in Playa. Ha.

I can't say I'm really ready to leave just let, but I'm going light anyway, figuring I can always purchase stuff along the journey. Again, any connections or advice (Brasil is only a few days away!) is much appreciated.

Please say a little special prayer for my abuelita who is battling some illnesses in her elder years. We'll be in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment