Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A small pause in world travel

Life sometimes throws curve balls. The curve ball came on the morning of February 17th when I got a call from my father that his mother (mi abuelita) passed away after 92 years of life. While we all were very sad to see her go, we also realized that she led an incredible life and the sacrifices that she made have helped shaped my family and future generations to come. She was an extremely giving, loving, caring, and very funny woman who cooked amazingly and had a very modern view of the world (she always encouraged me to travel, not get married too young and not let work control my life). She outlasted my grandfather by 14 years and really became an incredibly independent and confident woman who inspired many people in her neighborhood to get involved. She will be missed.

I flew back for her services in Monterrey to be with my family, so I took a week off from Brasil but it was definitely worthwhile. I dedicate the rest of my trip to my abuelita whom I will always love and cherish for the rest of my life.






No comments:

Post a Comment